Monday, July 14, 2014

Deutschland hat das Weltmeistershaft gewonnen!

Hallo jemanden!
before the game 2
(marching to the Finkenkrug! trying to blend in!)
Gestern hat Deutschland das besonders Weltmeisterschaft gewonnen und ich war da! Hier in Deutschland!  Diese Land sind so stolz auf den Fussballers!
Yes, it was a crazy experience having been in Germany for 2014’s World Cup Victory.  This is Germany’s first win since 1990 and Germany’s first victory as a re-united Germany. The country has now won the world cup 4 times if I’m not mistaken, and this is the first time in 24 years. The Germans certainly felt a long-due victory! 
nights beginning

I watched the game in Finkenkurg with Jenny, Jelte, Yongyuan, Irene and Peng and was surrounded by bells, whistles, cheers and much black, red and yellow. The girls behind me were a bit too excited and nearly punctured my eardrums. People ran from room to room when Germany scored the only goal against Argentina at around minute 113.  I really thought the game would last until penalty kicks.  Then, after all this excitement, Jelte decided to tell the waitress we wanted to pay.  What a headache! I could not effectively communicate what we had ordered, yelling over Jenny and Jelte. The waitress counted things incorrectly and said I ordered 1 hamburger and 1 cheeseburger and one drink.  Jenny had already paid for her hamburger and so obviously there was only a cheeseburger left to be paid for.  I said, “Nein, nur ein Cheeseburger!” Finally, she got so upset that she outright grunted and rolled her eyes at me, wrote down the price and pointed an angry finger at 12,80. Her rudeness really took me aback, but that is not the first time someone in the German service industry has been beyond outright rude!
finkenkrug 2
(One view of my position after the first goal)finken 5
Anyway, based on this horrible experience with the waitress and the girls behind me making a ridiculous fuss “AUF GEHT’S DEUTSCHLAND WOOOO WOOOOOOOOO” for 2 hours literally.  I had no room to move and I thought they were going to fall on top of me or cause me to fall out of my seat.  With both of these experiences combined, and with Argentina’s sad defeat – aye, because of memories of Chelsea’s love for Argentina, I felt myself inwardly pushing for Argentina but of course could never show that support at such a German bar – I was not in the celebratory mood by the end of the 2-hour fiasco!  Besides that, we arrived at the bar 2 hours early just to get good seats.  HM! Some good seats!
I think I’ll stay away from German football for some time.  And German waitresses!
yongyuan me flag
Victory march toward HBF to see the crazies – and boy did we see them – talk about honking and carrying on!  Football yay!

finkenkrug
The bar we were at serves over 200 types of German beer to over 200 types of drunken football fans.

Finken 2
This is the area we sat at – for both the Brazilian killing (7-1) and the final game against Argentina
brasialien game
(setting a few nights ago at the game against Brazil)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like total insanity! I totally understand your distress over the noise level. At least you got to see history being made.
I also agree, the loss for Argentina was very sad for them. You had to keep your feelings hidden in that regard.

Working from home ruined my already fragile existence

 Yeah, not a popular topic, but I'm going to slowly but surely make it one - just the way the Covid-19 pandemic and mandates to leave th...